Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Water-gazing


 I took a video last summer of some waterfalls near me.

On a particularly difficult day this week, when my emotions were squeezing me into a corner,I got the urge to stare at fire, to stare at water, in order to feel better.

I found my video, uploaded it to Youtube, and enjoyed gazing at it (a computer screen is better than nothing I guess.) It did good things for me.  Allowed me to focus only on a truly spectacular bit of moving Nature. For the first  minute or two, I found my brain full of the usual trash, repeating phrases, having imaginary conversations, worrying, etc. It did calm down, though, when I put more effort into focusing on individual parts of the moving water. I would watch one section for a minute, seeing tiny splashes that were repeated on a rock, or seeing the more uniform flow in the middle.

All in all, it was a positive experience.  I moved on to staring at a crackling campfire that someone else had uploaded.  That was excellent in the same way.


-GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home