Thursday, January 20, 2022

Paradolia

Paradolia is the phenomenon of the human brain translating an otherwise 'nothing' image into an understandable one.  When we see an elephant in a cloud.  Or a face in a tree full of knots.  Or even a heart image on the fur of our kitty.  More popular ones include sacred images on toast!

Here is an Emperor Penguin in ice (how appropriate!) that I spied on a recent walk.  I often bring my camera just in case I see these wonders.

The first thing I noticed, beyond the basic shape, was the perfect wing formation.  I love the smooth graceful bend of the head.

My first experience of this was, as most folks, during early childhood. In our bathroom, we had some truly ugly linoleum tile. It was a treasure trove for a kid to play I Spy.  So many faces and animal formations showed up in that floor. And some painter had used far too much paint during a certain stroke while working on the door frame. It became a lovely waterfall that I got to visit each time I used the toilet.

What do YOU see as you look around your home or property?

-GG
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home