Monday, December 20, 2021

Too much time on devices!

I am easing my way off of devices. It feels absolutely wonderful. The urge to check all the sites has faded dramatically, and the space I now have in my life is truly energizing, stimulating and relaxing!
I check my email and a few sites first thing in the morning and then not again until 4:00 or so.
I do not check emails or news before I go to bed.
While I might not be up to the minute of the horrors of the day, do I really need to be? I stay informed -with some space around it all.
I also no longer walk around with my phone on me. I'm intentional about it. I have my phone when I have a need.
I can't say enough how freeing this is.
I found that even if I only spend two minutes checking my emails and the news here and there throughout the day or before bed, my mind then takes on the issues from the emails and news (etc) and that can last hours.
Looking for a new years resolution? I highly suggest this one. Take care of your mental health, and add hours to your day where your mind can be on other stimulating things. I suggest trying this even for an hour at a time. See what you think. I'm absolutely 100% loving this.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home